Subject: Re: Lens Burns.
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 11:54:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Adrian Onsen wrote:

> > >What the heck are Lens Burns? I've heard of lens flares, but  never
> >  >lens burns

> I don't even think it's posible to do in lightwave... But I hope I'm 
> wrong on this one.

It all depends on how you want the lens burn to occur...if you want it to 
happen as you pan the camera past a stationary light, then it will be 
rather difficult.  If you want the light to fly past the camera and leave 
a burned trail on the camera's lens, then this is pretty easy...simply 
save the moving light's motion path and apply it to other lights or 
(better yet) single point polygons (particles) with the motion path 
offset by one frame for each particle.  Give each particle a different 
surface name and use diminishing levels of luminosity to make it look as 
if the lens burn fades as time goes on.  Also, make the particle size at 
least Medium or Large in size, although you may need to use more than one 
particle at each offset motion path to get the proper size.  Last, but 
not least, turn on Motion Blur for particles...this will make the 
particles leave a streak behind that will blend with the next particle 
behind it.

I used this technique to create a writing effect where words were 
hand-written on the screen and stayed there.  Looked adequate.

                                     -David Warner
                                      Event Horizon Graphics

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]